Posted by Dory @ Lucky Dorito on Thursday, September 18th, 2008
How smart are you?
Below you will find some random riddles I found online (none of these are MINE…. I am so not that smart! hehe) but try your hand at answering without looking them up! K?
1. What is it that, after you take away the whole, some still remains?
2. I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for much more than a minute. What am I?
3. I fly, yet I have no wings. I cry, yet I have no eyes. Darkness follows me; lower light I never see.
4. Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet how you miss me, When I have flown! What am I?
5. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
6. Pronounced as one letter,
And written with three,
Two letters there are,
And two only in me.
I’m double, I’m single,
I’m black, blue, and gray,
I’m read from both ends,
And the same either way.
What am I?
7. I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?
8. The man who invented it doesn’t want it. The man who bought it doesn’t need it. The man who needs it doesn’t know it. What is it?
9. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
10. I am mother and father, but never birth or nurse. I’m rarely still, but I never wander. What am I?
11. I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I’ll make it lighter. What am I?
12. What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
13. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
Go ahead….. give it your best shot!
Edited to add: Great job guys!
You’re some smart cookies!
5. the letter m
11. a hole
12. your word