Twisted Tuesday

Posted by on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009

A few weeks ago, in the midst of several nonstop days of sanding furniture prior to painting, I made a comment on Twitter that was something like: *Lots of sandpaper on hand and really rough feet. Hmmmm.*

Several other twitterers asked me if I was serious about that.

I replied, “No, not really…. but I was thinking about it.” And I was, just in passing though.

Ok, so…. several days pass. Thoughts of going to that big dental hygienists’ conference in Las Vegas last month with my seriously awful heels showing in sandals did NOT appeal to me. I finally decided to take my daughters out for a pedicure treat before I left. As we waited our turns, I chickened out. I got too embarrassed for them to see my seriously awful rough feet and ended up just getting a manicure while my daughters got the whole luxurious pedicure. (Silly, I know. But…. the sweet family at the Nail Salon are all my patients at the office. I just didn’t like the thought of them seeing my awful feet!)

As I watched, I realized that the scrubber thing they used looked a great deal like this:

Which, I just so happen to have sitting at my house! :)

So …. if you’re wondering if I tried it…. the answer would be YES!!!

Yes, I did… and it WORKED fabulously!

Head on over to the sandpaper supply section at Lowe’s and splurge a whopping $3.97 to get yourself one. Say goodbye to rough heels forEVER!

P.S. Today is the deadline to send in photos of your favorite shoes… so get crackalacking all you shoe-loving ladies! (And… Gents, of course!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Filed in Just plain funny,Me,Randomness,Weirdness in my world | 9 dorito bits so far

9 Dorito Bits to “Twisted Tuesday”

1. Shannonon 25 Aug 2009 at 6:47 am 1

LOL you crack me up. I always thought that the Pedi-Egg used fine grit sandpaper on it. I love mine and it is an essential here in flip flop lovin’ Texas.

2. Doryon 25 Aug 2009 at 7:55 am 2

The Pedi-Egg is a fine grit…. I think I needed a little MORE grit than that this time! I’ve used the pedi-egg until it is as smooth as a babys bottom. I need to change the pad on it but haven’t yet.

3. Stacyon 25 Aug 2009 at 11:29 am 3

So let me get this straight, you didn’t want them to see your feet, but you see their yuck mouth twice a year. You crack me up!

I am still not too sure about using sandpaper on my feet though.

4. Beccaon 25 Aug 2009 at 11:38 am 4

That pedegg thing scares me. Why not take a microplane to your foot? Same thing, but different, I guess? I wear sneakers almost all the time or my Crocs, so no one, or next to no one sees my bare feet!

5. giggleson 25 Aug 2009 at 11:53 am 5

I have used emory boards on my feet for years!! then I put on some baby oil gell and socks when I go to bed. It really does help

6. megon 25 Aug 2009 at 12:25 pm 6

Ever frugal Dory- you crack me up! :-D
    I use a large foot file in the shower once a week, but I do love my semi-annual pedicure ;-)

7. Katon 25 Aug 2009 at 8:19 pm 7

HaHa Stacy’s comment was exactly what I was thinking! There is no such thing a special pedi, it is part of the regular maintenance for me but then again we can wear sandals 10 months out of the year… Going to find a pic of my favorite shoes right now…

8. LASIK Laser Eye Surgeries %0Aon 16 Nov 2010 at 11:13 pm 8

i frequent hair salons because i always want to keep my hair in top shape ~~”

9. cong ty lap trinh ioson 05 May 2017 at 2:29 am 9

I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think . Our company is cong ty lap trinh ung dung ios

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Please feel free to share your dorito bit.